ALOE, LLC (“Aloe,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy. Aloe provides aloeeveryone.com (the “Site”) in connection with our purpose, to help people meet others and make new in-person friends through our products and services, including our groups, events, and surveys (collectively, the “Services”). In connection with our Services, Aloe works with organizations and businesses to help bring together their member base and users of the Site to bond with other users including friends and contacts (collectively, “you” and “your”) over similar interests, activities, trip plans, and more.
1. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
2. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
During your use of the Services, Aloe collects both Personal Information and non-personally identifiable information about you, in various ways, including:
Directly from you when you provide it to us. We may collect the following types of Personal Information and other information directly from you when you use the Services, including when you create an Aloe account:
- Registration Information, including name, email address, phone number, ethnicity, gender identity, marital status, age, education information, employment information, medical information such as vaccinations, login and related information for social media accounts that you connect to your Aloe account (this could include, for example, your Facebook, LinkedIn, and Apple accounts)
- Biometric Information, including Profile photo;
- Employment Information, including profession;
- Education Information, including university;
- Location Information, including friendship region (city, state, zip) (For example, if you have given Aloe access to your location in your device settings, we will collect information using WiFi access points and GPS coordinates to offer certain features to you such as our Find Friends service. This information helps us identify your physical location and we use it to personalize the Services and make it easier for you to interact with other users, by enabling the general locality information (neighborhood level only) to be displayed to users seeing your profile and prioritizing the profiles of other users who are near you. If you have given Aloe access to your location, but wish to turn this off, you can do so by logging in to your Aloe account, Click on your Profile photo – Settings – Settings tab – Turn off Location Sharing);
- Additional Information, including why you want to use the Services, how you heard about Aloe, your interests, bio, hubs, and comments; and
- Sensitive Personal Information, including precise geolocation and vaccination status.
Automatically as you use the Services, including unique device identifier, IP address, advertising identifier, device model, operating system, MAC address, cookies, and information about your device and your use of the Services, as well as how often you are online.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org. From your mobile device, you can understand which third parties have currently enabled cookies and how to opt-out by accessing the Network Advertising Initiative's website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices. On iOS devices you may also select “Limit Ad Tracking” and on Android devices you may select “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” in your settings.
- Links. We may keep track of how you interact with links available on the Site including within hubs, within conversations or through third-party services by tracking redirected clicks or through other means. We may share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on.
- Clickstream and Inferences. When you’re on the Site or use the Services, we use your activity—such as your saved user profiles, new connections you make, your conversations, which hubs you click on, hubs you create, and any text that you add in a comment or description—along with information you provided when you first signed up and information from our partners to make inferences about you and your preferences. For example, if you create a hub about travel, we may infer you are a travel enthusiast. We may also infer information about your education, salary, or professional experience based on your activity when you link your Aloe account to accounts you have with third parties such as Facebook or Apple.
From third parties. In addition to collecting some Personal Information directly from you, we may collect Personal Information from third parties including our affiliates and subsidiaries, data providers, where permitted by law. You agree that the third-party providers of information, not Aloe, are responsible for maintaining your information with proper and sufficient accuracy and authority in accordance with all governing laws and regulations. We make no effort to verify any information for any purpose, including accuracy, legality, or non-infringement that we properly receive from third parties.
- Social Media. We may also receive information about you (such as your name, birthday, location, phone number, handle and profile photos) from social media platforms, when you interact with us on those platforms, access our social media content, if you use a third-party account to sign-in to Aloe (such as Facebook), or link a third-party account to your Aloe account. Please note that the information we may receive from those third parties (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Apple) is governed by the privacy settings, policies and/or procedures of the applicable platform, and we strongly encourage you to review them before submitting any information using a social media platform. For more information about your choices relating to removing social media information from your Aloe account, please refer to the Choices section below.
- Facebook. When you sign-in to the Services using your Facebook account, you give permission to Facebook to share with us your name and profile picture. Unless you opt-out, you also give permission to Facebook to share with us your email address (if there is one associated with your Facebook account), date of birth, profile photos, gender, Page likes, and current town/city. We will then use this Personal Information to activate your Aloe account. If you remove Aloe from your Facebook settings, we will no longer have access to this information. However, we will still have the Personal Information that we received when you first set up your Aloe account using your Facebook account (you must delete your Aloe account entirely for us to no longer have access to this information).
- LinkedIn. If you register or sign in with your LinkedIn account, you give LinkedIn permission to share your LinkedIn login, a name (that can be edited by you), and an email address. This email address will be linked to your Aloe account and will be used to retrieve your Aloe account. Your LinkedIn account information cannot be deleted from Aloe unless you delete your Aloe account.
- Apple. If you register or sign in with your Apple ID, you give Apple permission to share your Apple login, a name (that can be edited by you), and an email (you can choose to hide your email and Apple will create a random email address so your personal email can stay private). This email address will be linked to your Aloe account and will be used to retrieve your Aloe account. We will then use this Personal Information to activate your Aloe account. If you remove Aloe from your Apple ID, we will no longer have access to this information. However, we will still have the Personal Information that we received when you first set up your Aloe account using your Apple ID (you must delete your Aloe account entirely for us to no longer have access to this information).
- Some of the information that we may collect as a result of providing the Services is particularly sensitive (e.g., precise geolocation, biometric information). We only collect this information as provided by or consented by you. Such sensitive information is only shared for the purpose of providing the Services you request or as consented for and will not be shared or used by us for any other purposes.
3. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will use your Personal Information for a variety of purposes, including:
Delivery of the Services. We use your Personal Information to provide the Services, including to:
- Provide, operate, and improve the Services and our business;
- Maintain and manage private and public hubs and their content;
- Create, maintain, and authenticate your Aloe account;
- Process your payments (through third-party vendors) and complete transactions with you;
- Suggest other people who have similar interests. For example, if you have certain interests, we may suggest people with other interests to you for you to connect with them;
- Help your friends, organizations and contacts find you on Aloe. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we can help your Facebook friends find you on Aloe when they first sign up for Aloe or people can invite you to use Aloe by inputting your phone number or email; and
- Help organizations know their member base better by sharing the information on your member profile (i.e., events, hubs, interests) to the organization and other members in that organization. This encourages member involvement within the organization and connection over shared interests. We will also anonymously share top interests of members within that organization. We are not responsible for how the organization uses your information and any questions pertaining to this topic should be sent to them.
Improve the Services. We use your Personal Information to improve and personalize the Services, including to:
- Understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Services and our communications;
- Provide support for the Sites, and respond to your requests, questions, and feedback;
- Identify your precise location and customize the content we show you;
- Conduct analytics and research on who is using the Services and what they are doing. For example, by logging how often people use two different versions of a feature, we can understand which version is better;
- Improve the Site and Services; and
- Offer new features.
Contact You. We use your Personal Information to contact you for various reasons, including to:
- Send you marketing materials by email, text, push notification or phone call depending on your Aloe account or operating system settings. Each time we send you marketing materials, we give you the option to unsubscribe;
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like saves or comments, happens on Aloe) and news by email or push notification, depending on your settings. For example, we may send weekly updates that include hubs you may like. You can decide to stop getting these notifications by updating your settings; and
- Communicate with you, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Research and Development. We may use anonymized Personal Information and use the anonymized information for research and development, including to analyze and improve the Site and promote our business.
Compliance and Protection. We may use your Personal Information to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements, including to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal processes, such as responding to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Site;
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft;
- Work with law enforcement and keep Aloe safe. We may get requests for account information from law enforcement authorities like the police or courts. To find out more about how we respond to law enforcement requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- Review your messages on the Services to detect activity that poses a risk to the safety of you, our community and/or members of the public.
4. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Aloe does not sell, share, rent, or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to third parties, for monetary or other valuable consideration, except in the limited circumstances described below:
- Parent Companies, Subsidiaries, & Affiliates. We may disclose Personal Information about you to our parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- Service Providers and Contractors. We may disclose your Personal Information to service providers, contractors, or other third parties we engage to perform certain functions on our behalf and provide services to us, including but not limited to internal and business operations, payment processing, facilitating email delivery, authentication services, product improvement and market research, and IT services. These third parties may use your information only as necessary for performing certain functions and providing services to us and are contractually obligated to keep your information confidential and secure.
- Verified Partners. Your Personal Information may be shared with other Aloe verified partners, for example, to block accounts and suspected fraudulent payment transactions as part of our anti-spam and anti-fraud procedures.
We may share Non-Personal Information and related aggregated information, your Personal Information that is no longer able to identify you directly, with third parties about how you interact with the Site and the Services, including log data for industry analysis and demographic profiling.
- Aggregated Information
5. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We strive to provide you with choices regarding how we use the Personal Information you provide to us. Please understand that if you choose not to disclose information to us, it may affect your ability to use some features of the Site and Services. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
You are required to create a password in connection with the registration of your Aloe account. Once you register, you will be able to review and change your Registration Information (with the exception of your name and date of birth) at any time just by logging into your Aloe account and clicking on Settings under your profile photo. If you want to change your name, education or profession, you may do so by changing them on your LinkedIn profile which will save the changes to your Aloe account. You will also have the option to add a coronavirus vaccination status to your profile under Settings on your Aloe account. It is your responsibility to ensure that your Aloe account details are kept up to date. Please note, Registration Information such as your first name, last name, age, profile photo, individual or couple status, description about yourself, interests, last time you used the Services, location, profession, education, what organizations you are in and public hub content you create on your “about me” section will be visible to other users who are presented with your profile.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing or informational emails, you may choose not to by contacting us as specified in the Contact Information section below or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of marketing emails you may receive from us. Regardless of your choices regarding promotional communications and updates regarding content, we may send you administrative messages, service announcements, terms and conditions of your Aloe account, or other similar communications, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
You may link your Aloe account with your Facebook, Apple or LinkedIn accounts. This allows you to share some information from those accounts directly to your Aloe account. We only receive the limited information that these parties permit to be transferred (as detailed by each third party and agreed by you when you first connect your Aloe account from such platforms with your Aloe account). If you no longer want to link your Aloe account to your Facebook account, please visit the settings in your Facebook account and follow the instructions to remove Aloe access permissions. Please note that any information already added to your Aloe account from those platforms will not be deleted unless you completely delete your Aloe account as well via the Settings section. Your LinkedIn account information cannot be deleted from the Services unless you delete your Aloe account. For other linked services, you can unlink your Aloe account within the Services by navigating to settings and clicking ‘unlink’.
6. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
7. PUBLIC FORUMS
When using the Services, you should assume that any information, communications, or material of any type or nature that you voluntarily post or submit or otherwise make your Personal Information publicly viewable and accessible (collectively “Public Forums”), by other users and non-users of the Services, is done at your own risk and without any expectation of privacy.
Accordingly, we suggest that you be careful about posting information that may eventually be made public, including any sensitive details about yourself on your profile such as your phone number or email address. Please remember that photographs and videos that you post on the Services may reveal information about yourself as well. When you do upload and choose to tell us sensitive information about yourself in your profile, you are explicitly consenting to our processing of this information and making it public to other users. Users can also obtain a copy of any conversation or hub content history, and then publish or use that information in Public Forums.
We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information, nor do we guarantee the privacy or safety of Public Forums. We encourage you to be wary of providing any of your Personal Information in such Public Forums.
8. ALOE SUCCESS STORIES, SURVEYS, AND OTHER CONTRIBUTIONS
We will collect any information you provide in response to research surveys or requests for feedback testimonials, or participation in marketing campaigns (for example, if you let us know that you have found a friend on the Services, we may contact you to ask if you would be happy to be featured in advertising for Aloe). If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via the Contact Information section below.
You must be at least 18 years old to use the Services. Aloe does not knowingly collect any Personal Information about or market to children, minors, or anyone under the age of 18. If you are less than 18 years old, we request that you do not submit information to us. If we become aware that a child, minor, or anyone under the age of 18 has registered with us and provided us with Personal Information, we will take steps to terminate that person’s registration and delete their Registration Information from the Services. If we do delete a profile because you violated this provision, we may retain your email and IP address to ensure that you do not try to circumvent our rules by creating a new profile. If you believe a child who is under the age of 18 has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us as specified in the Contact Information section below.
10. CONFIDENTIALITY & SECURITY
We maintain appropriate security safeguards to protect your information against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, or disclosure. We use reasonable security measures and precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no website or Internet transmission is ever completely 100% secure and we cannot guarantee that security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective, but here are some tips to help keep your data secure:
- Please make sure you log out of your Aloe account after use, especially if you share devices.
- Please don’t share the password you use to access your Aloe account with anyone else.
- Change your password periodically.
If you ever think someone has had access to your password or Aloe account, please contact us as specified below. We cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information while it is being transmitted to the Sites and any transmission is at your own risk.
11. INTERNATIONAL VISITORS
Aloe is headquartered in the United States and the Services are intended for visitors located within the United States. We may use service providers that operate in other countries, thus, your Personal Information may be processed in the United States or transferred to other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country. If you do not reside in the United States and provide Personal Information to us, please note that your Personal Information will be transferred, processed, collected, used, accessed and/or stored in the United States and subject to U.S. laws. The laws in the United States may not provide the same protections for your Personal Information as the jurisdiction in which you are located. Do not provide your Personal Information to us if you do not want this information to be transferred or processed outside of your country, or if the laws in your country restrict such transfers.
12. INFORMATION RETENTION
Warning: Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your Aloe account, copies of that information may still be viewable and/or accessed to the extent such information has been previously shared with others, or copied or stored by others. We cannot control this, nor do we accept any liability for this. If you have given third-party applications or websites access to your Personal Information, they may retain such information to the extent permitted under their terms of services or privacy policies.
13. CONTACT INFORMATION